My Blog List

Monday, August 16, 2010

New Semester, New Start

While the first day of a new semester may not be quite as exciting as your first ever day of school, it is still an occasion to be celebrated. Why? College is challenging, especially for those students attending UGA, and comes with the myriad of different stresses. At times, students may not always have been able to achieve their academic goals at the end of the semester. With the beginning of a new semester, however, students have a shiny, new clean slate and get to start over.

When I was baptized in the Lord, I felt brand new. I had a fantastic and fresh lease on life, and felt like I could begin again, this time with a much better mission and reason for being. With the Lord in my life, I began to realize that with every new day, we get a second chance to correct any mistakes made yesterday. For that knowledge, I am thankful everyday.

Good luck to all of you college students on your first day today!

1 comment:

  1. So true...every new year is a clean slate...which truly is something to be celebrated!

    ReplyDelete