My Blog List

Monday, August 23, 2010

I love these guys

I had the great privilege of attending two reunions in the last week, one for the counselors of Woodland Camp, which I was a part of this summer as well as another one for 20 different men who have all served with me at one point or another.

The Woodland Camp reunion Saturday August 21st was great because I was able to see those wonderful people with whom I served over the summer, as well as getting to know their families. It is always great to see that people are progressing in their work for the Lord!

On Thursday August 19th, I met up with 20 people at the Taco Mac in Buford, GA, and the one thing all of them had in common was that they had been a part of my life and ministry over the summer. I regularly meet up with these friends every third Thursday of the month, this being our first meeting after summer vacation. We all come together because we understand that it is not about ourselves, it is about Christ, and realizing as well that there is no reason to serve Christ alone. Strength for the Lord comes in numbers, and having a group of people who believe in that is truly a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment