My Blog List

Monday, April 19, 2010

V.F.T.

One awesome benefit from being married to a teacher is, of course, spring break! Since my job is flexible, I can also take time off to be with her and our sons, without the usual distractions of work. I call this particular type of time off V.F.T or Valuable Family Time.

I have always strived to dedicate myself to work and have time with my family, and it is a constant balancing act. I decided when I first started Son Safaris that I did not want to sacrifice my family on the altar of ministry. In Ministry there is ALWAYS something more to do, and another goal to be reached. Ministry will always be there. It is really hard for me to not schedule that new important meeting or move that one-on-one meet with a student, because these are all important to the ministry. SO is my family. It is therefore extremely important for me to sync my calendar with my wife’s and place dates and times for V.F.T.

Without Christ and the support my family, I would never have become the man that I am today. I have to provide for them but I also wish to set a good Christian example. Brody and Keaton will grow into men one day and the first model of a man, husband, and father they will have is me, so it is my job to steer them in a direction that will hopefully guide who they will become, and my goal for them is to know Christ, and let Him be known. My family is a gift that I cherish above all others and my time with them is precious and of immense importance.

On that note, see you next week as I enjoy my V.F.T. – Valuable Family Time…

No comments:

Post a Comment