My Blog List

Monday, April 19, 2010

Paintball vs. Airsoft

Before:



Can a paintball enthusiast play airsoft? Tomorrow morning, I will find out, thanks to my good friend Sean Paul who has been hounding me for quite some time to try it. A rivalry exists between the two games, mostly due to the different types of ammunition used—in paintball, paint pellets and in airsoft, small, plastic pellets. The guns used in airsoft also vary from those used in paintball, those use in airsoft being more like real guns. If you would like to know more, click here!


I have been playing paintball with the Renegade Ratels for 6 years, but I didn’t have any interest in pursuing another form of shooting people on a field, until I realized that nothing should hold me back from trying new things. While I’m no young gun, I can certainly seek out and be open to new endeavors, as long as they are in keeping with my values and beliefs. I cannot wait to find out if airsoft is the fresh sport for me! Let’s see how it goes.



The Verdict:



My first airsoft experience this past Sunday was highly enjoyable and when I have some more time (and cash) on my hands, I would like to start getting more into it. The game itself was fun and family-oriented, with kids 12 years old and up, and even moms were playing, as medics, and of course, older guys, such as me. The concept of the game is the same as paintball, with the same rush of adrenaline, though much cleaner, in other words, no paint splattering everywhere. Also, one of my biggest frustrations with paintball had to do with my full-face mask, which would always fog up while I was playing and the de-fogging procedure exposed my face which is quite dangerous while playing. With airsoft, I can wear a mesh mask, or even small goggles which makes everything easier and a lot more fun. I had a blast with Sean Paul, and I look forward to playing in the future, and may be even forming a team for men’s ministry as a healthy way to get out all that male aggression, and can pray together and glorify God in all we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment