My Blog List

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Being a Good Person in Christ

"I believe all you need is to be a good person"
"As long as you are a good person then that should be all that matters".

I couldn't tell you how many times in my travels around the world and in the conversations I have had with non or 'pre' Christians, I have heard them say, "If I'm good then why do I need Christ?"

Ok so if you are a good person and that is ALL you need, my question would be this: Then what? What happens after you have been that 'good person doing good things in your life? What is next for you?

If you are truly a good person, then you must not have any bad in you right?


If you honestly believe this then I think you are just fooling yourself.
I say this because there is no such thing as a 'good person' without Christ because we are ALL sinners. If all it takes is being good, then Christ is a liar.
If you can prove to me that you are always good without having any malice, hate, jealously, anger, ego, pride, conceit, etc, none at all, ever, then maybe, just maybe, you are a good person.


Can you really say that you have never felt those emotions, or done something that was not exactly within the realm of “good”?

Well, I believe that this CANNOT be the case because we have ALL sinned.

This is why we need Christ. He is the only one who can truly help close the gap as far as our sinful nature. Being good is good, and doing good is great, but you cannot live separate from the grace of our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment