My Blog List

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Ellijay Experience

Yesterday felt like a real safari all over again: I was up at 6 a.m. on my way to Ellijay, and I arrived to Pleasant Grove Baptist Church at around 9 a.m. I spoke first during the 11 a.m. service, and I was astounded by the incredible feedback I received. The different perspectives I heard on the relationship between lions and hyenas in terms of the human connection with God were truly eye-opening and always great to hear. After the service, I decided to spend some time in Ellijay, and came back to the church to speak to the youth and elementary children at 6 p.m. Man, do I love talking to children! Animals are always a hit with them, and with the “Yell if you know the answer!” format I have for the presentation, we had a fantastic time talking about God’s creations as well as His cleverness in crafting animals the way He did. Although the day was long, seeing as how I did not get home until 9:45 p.m., I felt great getting into bed knowing that I had shared my message with the good folks up in Ellijay.

I even got a positive review!

“We had Fledge for a one day event. He ministered to the whole church Sunday Morning and then ministered to the youth and children Sunday night. Let me tell you: His presentations were like a cool breeze on a summer's day. He helped us focus in on the beauty and greatness of creation. However, he didn't stop there--- he used creation to take us back to its majestic Creator and the wondrous Gospel message of Jesus Christ. I know that our hearts were touched!”
David Taffin - Youth Minister - Pleasant Grove Baptist Church


Once again, I would like to thank David for inviting me to speak, and the great congregation of Pleasant Grove Baptist for listening to me!

1 comment:

  1. As a member of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church I would like to tell you that your message deeply effected me. I had the opportunity not only to hear Sunday morning but the message to the youth also. God surely is working through you to touch hearts and bring them to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete