My Blog List

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Never a Moment Wasted with the Lord

I was recently shown by the Lord that nothing He does is a waste of time-He always has a plan!


I had been invited to the Christian Youth of Georgia Conference on beautiful Hilton Head Island, SC, during the weekend of Friday February 26th to Sunday February 28th. The purpose of my attending was to have a display at the conference, giving me some great networking opportunities. I did have to pay my own way to get there, so I was hoping to meet and establish relationships so I could get my monies worth! My family was able to accompany me on this trip, which provided me with the support I needed to do my best.


About midday Saturday, however, I began to feel dejected. I felt that I had wasted my time, energy, and money on attending the conference. I did not feel like I was getting the experience I had come for, and the weekend was not turning out how I had envisioned. Then the Lord seemed to say “Oh really Fledge?” and set out to prove me wrong.


By the end of Saturday, I was able to establish three incredible contacts. I spent time talking with the guest speaker of the conference, Steve Geyer, a truly wonderful guy. I had dinner and spent time with the band members of “True Story”, a great Christian group. This interaction has opened a few doors for possible future opportunities together. I had a terrific conversation with Keith Wagner from Woodland Christian Camp, and he explained to me that their summer mission will be to put clean water wells in Africa. Wait-that sounds awfully familiar. That is a part of my dream too! The weekend turned around, from failure to success. I was able to achieve my goal of networking with great people and ended up having a great time.


Thank you Lord, You always know best.

No comments:

Post a Comment