My Blog List

Monday, March 22, 2010

Mysterious, Beautiful Life

Last night, I had the pleasure of watching an episode of “Life” on the Discovery Channel with my family and a few friends. With Oprah Winfrey narrating (no comment), I was yet again taken into the beauty and harshness of life as the images on the show are truly breathtaking. One scene in particular stood out for me, that of a tiny one inch tree frog taking tadpoles individually from a puddle at the base of a tree, climbing 150 ft, and then depositing it’s offspring into another puddle on the tree. At the end of the day, the frog had climbed over a mile, but this was not the amazing part to me. I wondered how in the world did these tiny tadpoles know when to get on and get off the back of their mother. This got me to thinking…

While sometimes life can suck, there is an order to all the things we do, a plan if you will. The Creator does not arbitrarily throw trials into our lives; He has a plan for us, and there is nothing that happens that is not in controlled by Him. So on rainy days such as today, when the world is wet and weary, it is comforting to know that there is someone up there making sure that everything goes according to His will and understand that God’s way is not my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment