My Blog List

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Comfort Zones

Everyone has a comfort zone, whether it is a specific routine, a close group of friends, or as simple as using the same shampoo to wash your hair. These zones occur in all aspects of life, including our work. I have been presenting the “Ancient War” four part series for a year now and as a result, I’ve become confident in communicating a truly exciting message. I have been invited to share the series at many events and have honed the presentation to where I have it down. It has become my Son Safaris comfort zone and I have been blessed because of the powerful message it sends.

But let me tell you a story…

 Back in 2003, when Julie and I were married, during the ceremony when we were exchanging our rings, Tim Hudson shared a story.  He began to explain that a goldsmith obtains gold first by extracting it from the rock. In order to do so, he heats it to melt the gold but it is not yet ready to be used. He then turns up the heat again, and carefully removes any impurities which float to the surface. The impurities are then scooped off the top and the heat is turned up again. This process continues until the gold becomes so refined that the goldsmith can eventually see his own face reflected off the pure surface. Now the gold is ready to use.

I have been asked to create a new series to present at Cornelia Christian Church, and the process has been stressing me out. The Lord has been turning up the heat in my life. Like the goldsmith, he has begun turning up the heat under my comfort zone in order to get out more of those impurities. This is happening and will continue to happen until, eventually, the Lord can see Himself in me.

Even though I may be a little anxious now, I know the Lord is blessing this ministry and my family. I welcome all the new opportunities the Lord has given me and ‘Thank Him’ for opening up new doors for Son Safaris to step through and present exciting and incredible messages where God communicates through His creation.

 

Here are a few of the events coming up on my calendar this weekend:


www.sonsafaris.com

When: Friday, 29 October, 11am – 12pm

Where: Chapel @ Atlanta Christian College

Son Safaris has been invited to speak at A.C.C.'s ''Friday Special Events' service.

Contact: whuxford@acc.edu


When: Friday, 29 October 4pm

Where: Apalachee High School

Fledge will be speaking before the football game with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.


When: Sunday, 31 October, 9:45am – 12:00pm

Where: Cornelia Christian Church, Cornelia, Georgia

Fledge @ Son Safaris will be speaking twice on Sunday, and once on Monday and again on Tuesday.

Contact: Barry Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment