My Blog List

Friday, July 23, 2010

Sweet Summertime




With summertime in full swing, its time for Son Safaris to go to camp! In fact, I’ve been at camp for about four weeks now, from the second I got off the plane from New York City. The camp I’m currently speaking at is North Georgia Christian Camp. As the motivational speaker I have to opportunity to interact with middle and high school students, about 60-100 during any given week. The week starts Sunday evening and goes until Friday morning, and I give presentations and speak in general about experiences on safari. My absolute favorite way to talk to these kids, however, is a night, around the camp fire. It is more one-on-one and intimate and the atmosphere provides for some of the greatest conversations and revelations. I can talk to them about my own journey to and through Christ, and give them advice or a shoulder to lean on in their own individual journey. Being able to be around wonderful young people who want to know Christ and are willing to come to a camp during a week of summer in order to be around others who want to know Him is special in and of itself, and I am incredibly grateful everyday to have been chosen as the guest speaker for these camps. Now, I am a little sleep deprived and I missed my family, however, the summer went swimmingly, and I’m happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment